How to identify 350

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hartwell

Reaction score
I️ believe I️ have a 350 in my 93 sle but I’m not sure. I️ measured the harmonic balancer and it is 8”. I️ just started driving this truck within the last year and am not sure where to check for block numbers and I’m not particularly fond of taking the heads off to find out. Any replies would be helpful. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hartwell

Reaction score
I️ believe I️ have a 350 in my 93 sle but I’m not sure. I️ measured the harmonic balancer and it is 8”. I️ just started driving this truck within the last year and am not sure where to check for block numbers and I’m not particularly fond of taking the heads off to find out. Any replies would be helpful. Thanks.

It’s a c1500

un4givn85

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you know it is the original engine, you could check the VIN.
But I too would like to know how to visually tell. I know my truck has had a replacement done and I would like peace of mind that it was done correctly.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
It's difficult to see while it's in the truck, but if you try real hard you can spot these identifying marks in the casting. Driver's side back of the block, behind the head, you'll need to lay across the engine and look down between the head and firewall. May need to use a rag taped to a long socket extension to wipe away crud to make it legible.

You must be registered for see images attach

another example
You must be registered for see images attach

Of course the 305 would say 5.0, 350 says 5.7

Richard