How to convert off-road lights to HID's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlackBeauty

No I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What kind of spread/light pattern do the Off-Road lights have compared to the Driving and Long Range I've been looking at??

90chevstepside

iPhone Repair Tech!
Reaction score
What kind of spread/light pattern do the Off-Road lights have compared to the Driving and Long Range I've been looking at??

Off road lights are pencil beamed.
Driving lights are wider and usually point downish
Long range lights are a mix if both. They shine far, and wide.

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
HIDs will also automatically diffuse more than halogens in the same housing.

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
Is it possible (Don't even know if they're made) to wire a dual stage rocker switch?? I know they have dual polarity switches, but I'm making a light bar similar to Roberts (I said similar not exactly the same) in school, and wanted the 2 outside lights to be driving lights, and the 2 insides to be long range... So I would like to be able to have all 4 on, and if a car is coming, switch to just the driving without shutting them off first... Is there a way to do this?? If what I'm trying to say is even making sense...

Absolutely. If you can't find anything else, look for a switch for marine lighting. It is common-place to have a single switch where stage 1 is just your anchor light (white 360 light), and stage 2 is your navigation lights (red and green on the front).

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Great write up bro! I've always wanted to convert mine to HIDs but it wasn't until I installed my hella black magic that the bulbs are an odd bulb. I have H2 bulbs instead of the common H3 bulbs. So what bulb should I use in my conversion?

I'll check my light supplier....I know they carry the old H1 bulbs in HID, not sure of the H2.