How to convert off-road lights to HID's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Hmmm me thinks I need to consider doing this instead of running rigid Led lights...i could prob do up two sets of these for the cost of one set of those....well with canadian prices..maybe not..but still I could prob build a set of these hid lights for under $200... The led lights are $225..

Sent from my SGH-T959D using Tapatalk 2

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Don't have pics, but used to have a 5000K hid in a 14" spotlight mounted to 3-wheeler........middle of night got turned into daytime when ya flicked it on.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Don't have pics, but used to have a 5000K hid in a 14" spotlight mounted to 3-wheeler........middle of night got turned into daytime when ya flicked it on.

Lol nice! I could see myself doing the same thing just using a motorcycle 7" h4 housing

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Yeah we've used motorcycle headlights mounted to the racks before.....they work GREAT!!!

I bet! Im kinda tempted to use a pair of them on my Rams prerunner bumper when it comes time to build it! Buy some used bike headlights, add tabs to the center hoop on the bumper to mount them in the center and some tabs on the main bar to mount my srb lights so I have some non hid off road lights to use for snow and fog (the srbs project a yellow fog light beam) between that and retrofitting h4 housings with hids I dare anyone to piss me off enough to light them up! Lol

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
If you're going to put that many hids out there, you'll have enough heat to not even need a snowplow....but a flamethrower would be a nice backup :p

AbramF_496

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You like those pics huh? :lol:

yess heheheheheheh gonna make mine soon just need a little extra light :D 55 watt hids should be sufficient for myself besides theyre the same as the 35 watt price lol! the 75 and 100 wat need to be tested and those r real expensive ugh like 100 bucks or whatever on my ebay link