How to adjust the steering box

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Astro

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I can almost guarantee that you need a rag joint. ‘Steering coupler’ is what some places call it.
Thanks for the reply. I replaced that already and the intermediate shaft. And it's still super sloppy. I hate the steering in my truck.

Supertex

Reaction score
I bought a brand new quick ratio box from summit some years ago, and then had the manufacturer put a bigger torsion pin in it to stiffen it up. It was loose from day one, and I could put 2 full turns on it and not make a difference. Called em and asked about it, and they told me I screwed up the box if I put more than 1/4 turn in it. I got pissed and just dealt with it ...for years. Didn't drive it often or far, but every time I got in it, the steering just bugged the hell out of me. Occasionally I'd try to tighten it up and it would be ok for a few days and then right back to loose as hell. Finally got tired of it when I started driving it for work recently, and bought a new Boregeson box...Soooo happy with it. On a whim, I decided to take a look at the one I removed, and immediately figured out why it acted the way it did.

You must be registered for see images attach

Just thought I'd throw that out there so your 'weird sh*t I've never seen before' folder wasn't empty. I know I didn't do that with an allen wrench. Made me wonder if the box got dropped either before I got it, or while the manufactuer was modding it.