How does the dash fuse box get power from the battery?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stevestoffer

Reaction score
This may sound like a ridiculously stupid question but how does the fuse box get power? Is there a diagram to show it? Or does it all get power from the wire from the battery to ignition?

Maybe I'm an idiot but this has stumped me haha. Thanks guys :hmm:

poncho62

Old Fart
Reaction score
Look at the positive terminal of the battery....There is a large wire and 1 or 2 smaller wires coming from it. The power from those smaller wires go to the fuse boxes

stevestoffer

Reaction score
Look at the positive terminal of the battery....There is a large wire and 1 or 2 smaller wires coming from it. The power from those smaller wires go to the fuse boxes
Is it the heavier gauge red wire that goes to it? there's only one. I'm just curious because I'm doing my first swap and I don't have any under the hood wiring harness yet lol.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

stevestoffer

Reaction score
I have power going to the ignition key. The truck has a Cummins in it and it starts but nothing else has power in the cab. I don't have a headlight harness in to see if that would work but I'm assuming it wouldn't. I don't have the radio in either but I have the heater control and dome lights hooked up and nothing works. I'm guessing the fusebox isn't getting power lol. I have no idea where it would get it.

The truck also doesn't have the ECM in it.