Home made front receiver hitch **pics**

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swaggerwagon

¯\(°_o)/¯
Reaction score
I'm just saying that it would probably be a better idea.

I'm still not seeing the difference between the one you posted that is Bolted to the frame....My setup is welded to a heavy duty grill guard, that bolts directly to the frame at 2 different points...and will have(on my next day off lol) 2 thick steel mounts welded to it the rear of the receiver, which will be bolted to the frame where the tow hooks were mounted....Again, i'm just not seeing how this setup has a weak point..

mjleg

Ya...I Like Trucks
Reaction score
Not that I want to get in the middle of your twos ultimate internet front mount receiver hitch show down, but I've always wanted a winch on the front of my truck. Being how its 2 wheel drive I can't see where I would use it. Although it would be good in the winter, with wheel chocks... maybe. probably not. I just like to spend my hard earned cash....

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
I'm still not seeing the difference between the one you posted that is Bolted to the frame....My setup is welded to a heavy duty grill guard, that bolts directly to the frame at 2 different points...and will have(on my next day off lol) 2 thick steel mounts welded to it the rear of the receiver, which will be bolted to the frame where the tow hooks were mounted....Again, i'm just not seeing how this setup has a weak point..

You can do it however you want it is your truck and I am simply just offering another option on how you could do it. At least you have the skill to make it happen where a lot of people would just talk about it and couldn't or they would pay a shop for something that would falloff the first time it got used.

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
I have the ORU solid axle swap on my 94 silverado and have been thinking about a front hitch for a winch. I was thinking about modifying the one made for a stock silverado and bolting it on with some thick tack welds for reinforcement. Any ideas to help out?

Swaggerwagon

¯\(°_o)/¯
Reaction score
Finally got it all finished..:)

D-rings are mounted..
You must be registered for see images attach

Extra supports welded in between the receiver/front bar..

And the frame to receiver brackets...

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
hmmmmm... i am trying to figure out how I want to do something for my winch. I already have a cradle for it that goes into the reciever. I think I am going to steal some of your ideas.

The one dirty hick posted looks clean, but the guy has a body lift and lifted his bumper. That makes that idea useless to me who has no body lift. Your method however looks rock solid. I'll see what I come up with once the welder is on, and the sparks are flying.