Home built headache rack and switch setup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Very nice rack............and I don't normally say that to a guy.

How did you attatch it to your truck.

Thanks! When I bought the truck the front of the bed was smashed towards the cab bad and couldn't be straightened out. I needed to fill the gap in front of the toolbox so I started out with a treated 2x4 painted black and bolted it to the toolbox and bed rails. I have the rack attached to that right now. It was a quick hillbilly job to get ready for plowin. I've since boxed a piece of steel tubing in to replace the 2x4, just waitin for a slow day at work to replace it.

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks good. Always appreciate when someone can make there own parts. That's what it's all about.

Reaction score
very nice man

glad to see you back on here too

Thanks. Glad to be back. Between startin a new job, movin from a house to an apartment that I spend no time at and taking care of my grandpa's house that's an hour away, when I do have time to browse the computer I'm to damn tired! I'm back and don't plan on goin anywhere lol

Reaction score
Looks good. Always appreciate when someone can make there own parts. That's what it's all about.

Thanks man. If I can make it similar to something I can buy and do it for a considerably lot less, I'm all about it. Not to mention I love workin with steel, especially welding. Any little projects I can do to keep my welding skills fresh. I've done a few small tack jobs here and there but I really haven't welded in about 10 yrs. until this rack. It was pretty ugly at first and a few welds were ground out!

Reaction score
Diggin' those LEDs!

Thanks. Have to say they are my favorite to. I have a video of them, I'll see if I can load it on here. They are maxxima brand, I never heard of them but the price was right and I'm happy with them, good quality. If you need and type of led light, I mean any, PM me and I'll send you the seller info. They have all kinds of stuff, truck parts, lights you name it and cheap prices.

bigblue97

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
NICE WORK!! this is mine im having trouble with mounting it on my stepside tho it keeps on tilting back but im limited to space because my tonue cover.