Best headache/ladder rack and toolbox set up?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brothajack93

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I want to put a headache/ladder rack combo with a toolbox into my 1997 c1500 work truck restoration/build. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with which set ups fit best in these obs chevys? I’ve seen backrack set ups on nbs and they’re ok but my problem is everyone has one. I don’t want my work truck to look like everyone else’s. If I wanted what everyone else has I would’ve bought a newer ford or dodge but I love obs Chevy. If they are the toughest I’ll settle but I’d like to explore my options. I’ve seen great reviews on deezee set ups. I’m not sure what other options there are available but those are the ones I’ve noticed. I’ll check out other options if I can get them in Canada. Looking for mostly practical but visual is definitely a bonus!

Brothajack93

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Backrack only way to go. There stuff is legit. Have it on our plow truck at work.
Ok so I went through they’re stuff. Is the rear bar telescoping or is it really that short? I’m looking to above cab mount ladders and other various tools so I really need a full size rear bar

Arpowers

Reaction score
Ok so I went through they’re stuff. Is the rear bar telescoping or is it really that short? I’m looking to above cab mount ladders and other various tools so I really need a full size rear bar
Well I thought they had full support bars for ladders but I was wrong. I just did a quick dive too. We just have the backrack on out plow truck but I could have sworn they used to do complete ladder racks

Brothajack93

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I thought they had full support bars for ladders but I was wrong. I just did a quick dive too. We just have the backrack on out plow truck but I could have sworn they used to do complete ladder racks
They probably do just not for these particular models… I’m sure if you had a newer vehicle you could get the setup…. Might get the headache rack and fab a rear for it as I don’t much like the deezee options

Arpowers

Reaction score
They probably do just not for these particular models… I’m sure if you had a newer vehicle you could get the setup…. Might get the headache rack and fab a rear for it as I don’t much like the deezee options
Could always do that. Go with a backrack and then a different aftermarket rear set up.