Hoe to paint plastic

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slipping

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You can use easy off oven cleaner to strip the paint off. Don't use heavy duty because it'll burn your plastics. To spray Ive used the SEM interior paint with some adhesion promoter (about 17$ a can have OEM colors) but others have used the duplicolor plastic and vinyl paint.

You must be registered for see images attach

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I use nothing but duplicolor or krylon fusion on plastics works great, I do no sanding or anything for interior just wipe down with grease and wax remover, soap and water doesn't cut it, neither does alcohol.

Now bumpers and such outside, I sand them smooth with 400 wet or so like anything else, use adhesive promoter, usually bull dog, as directed 2 coats aplied as directed and top caoted within spec of the cans directions, using reg. automotive paint, which you can buy in spray cans mixed to pretty much any color and most definately stock colors. I get single stage enamel so no clear coat is needed, it will look as good as the rest of the vehicle or better and stay that way.

slipping

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I use nothing but duplicolor or krylon fusion on plastics works great, I do no sanding or anything for interior just wipe down with grease and wax remover, soap and water doesn't cut it, neither does alcohol.

I agree. No sanding and wash good. Prep is everything. Make or break.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
I used SEM on my 98's interior. For the 3 years it just sat in a building, the stuff is holding up great. Haha