High idle/slight misfire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95gmt400

Reaction score
I have a 95 5.0 tbi k1500. Recently the ground strap that runs between the back of the motor and the firewall melted in half. Upon replacing the ground straps that ran from motor to firewall to frame, and cleaning the connections and best I could. All this was done with the battery disconnect.

The truck now idles at about 1500rpm. If i rev the motor the rpms will settle to about 800-900rpm with a slight/random misfire.

Any insight as to what would cause this?

95gmt400

Reaction score
So I replaced the gasket under the tbi because it had a slight vacuum leak and checked everywhere i could get to and didnt find any other vacuum leaks. Also replaced the tps sensor which seemed to help some. It still idles at about 1300rpm. Could the ground strap melting in half cause the MAP and or the IAC to go bad?

Ive also tried resetting the idle via jumpimg the a/b ports on the obd plug and unplugging the iac after about thirty seconds and adjusting the idle with the screw that's behind the plug on the front drivers side of the tbi.