High idle on 4.3 vortec

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmoutdoorsman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My 1998 4.3 seems to be idling high and keeps throwing idle air control DTC's My IAC valve seemed to be stuck (carbon?) so I just picked up a used one from a junkyard and cleaned it really good.Still idles around 1100 rpm in park and 2000 in neutral.Runs fine sometimes studders off the line.A new IAC is my next thing ill try. Any suggestions?? Thanks

gmoutdoorsman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It sounds like my intake manifold is sucking air at an idle but i cant for the life of me figure out where from.I was told if i spray carb cleaner around where i think the leak is it'll idle up indicating i found the leak

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
The gasket under the throttle body is common to fail and cause a vacuum leak. Also check all hoses and around the edge of the intake itself.

gmoutdoorsman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Think i found it. Its the gasket/O-ring around the CPI plug behind the Throttle body.Just guna do all the Gaskets from the upper Manifold up

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janitorMike