Hi from Central Texas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95TXSilverado

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought I would introduce myself, I have been lurking on the site getting good information for a while now. I purchased my 1995 Silverado ECSB for $480 last July off of Craigslist. It was running, body was pretty straight, no rust with 226,000 miles. Interior was fairly complete. 5.7 V-8, AT, Power Bucket seats, AC, PW, PB. We had only driven the truck around the parking lot before I bought it. I found out that the AT was not shifting into 3rd and 4th gears on the way home. I have done a lot of work on it since. The paint has the normal paint chipping off in various places.

Here is a fairly complete list of what I have done so far: I had transmission rebuilt, replaced some junk wheels and tires with factory aluminum mags with tires,replaced the fuel pump, replaced the front grill and all lights, rebuilt all steering components, new front brakes, replaced A/C compressor, belts, wires, plugs, distributor cap and rotor, oil change and air filter, had a body shop replace the radiator support and realign all the front end sheet metal as it did not fit properly from a prior front end accident, cleaned and scrubbed entire interior, replaced all stereo speakers as they were blown, had to have drivers seat re-welded as the bracket was busted, replaced ignition switch, replaced the inner door handles on both sides and passenger outside mirror and replaced the door pins on both doors so they would close properly.

Needless to say, my great buy of a running $480 truck has turned into a now $5000 truck. I know I will have to drive my money out of it. I don't plan on selling it anytime soon. The good thing is that I really like the truck and I now have a safe, reliable truck which I can drive for years to come. The body still needs to be painted, there are a couple of minor dents on the bed and the back bumper and body moldings will need to be replaced eventually. That can all wait until I get it painted. I have always liked this body style since it came out. I found that these are relatively simple to work on and the parts are all readily available.

I look forward to participating on the forum when I have something helpful to add and hope to continue to learn from the fellow members about my truck.

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome aboard. Even with the money you have spent you are ahead of us in the rust belt that can spend that just to fix rust. Price newer trucks and it now looks like a bargain.

95TXSilverado

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks, that is what I figured. The engine runs well for now but does smoke a little. I have been keeping an eye on the oil and it does not seem to be burning or leaking much if any. Hopefully, I can get 25-50,000 more miles before having to replace the engine. The truck was purchased new here in Waco where I live. It had not been given much love for a long time before I picked it up so there was a lot of repairs needed right off the bat before it was road worthy. In the past, I have easily spent what I have in my truck just on monthly payments on a new vehicle for a year. At least I know what I have now and it is paid for! I have been having fun searching the internet for parts and making plans for the future. This old truck has character and I really enjoy driving it. I guess that is what it is all about.

Glenn