herculiner my bottom portion of truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scharst

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
well i am going to be applying herculiner to the bottom part of my truck tomorrow all the way up to that body line about 14 in up from the bottom. i removed the trim molding today and on the pass side it took some paint off so i decided to put it on tomorrow rather than hold off a little bit till i got more cash. is there anything specific you guys suggest for me. i will be using 80-100 grit sandpaper rather than that sh***y scuff pad that it comes with and will be cleaning it off with either MEK or acetone or spirits? so if there is anything else i am missing lemme know. ill be wearing gloves and nasty clothes cuz from what i read this stuff is pretty permanent when it comes to getting on things.

slim

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the more you prep the better it will turn out

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
from every truck i have seen with this on it it peeled off after a few years, it was like rubber and you could just peel it off by hand

scharst

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
alright well im about to run to town to get it ill try and get as much pics as i can throughout the process for ya guys.

Dragit

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm also gonna do this soon but I'm gonna use the new Dupont kit my question is how or what kinda tape do u use to make a nice sharp line on top. The way the stuff drys I'd think u would Peel your tape off before it fully drys so it makes a nice line but im not sure?

rcman989

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It is all about the prep work. I did it on my ZR2 and sanded all of the painted off right down to bare metal. Then cleaned it up with acetone. If you brush it on it will be a lot thicker than rolling it on. I never had any problems with it chipping or coming off and that was after 3 harsh winters and numerous off roading trips. One thing is that with Herculiner it will fade and become a dull black color unless you use the UV resistant stuff for it. And for tape, use either the blue or green painters tape and peel it off about 15 minutes after you put it on and you wont have any problems. Definitely wear old clothes and gloves and paint on a floor that you dont mind getting drips on. It is a pain to get off.

Dragit

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks man we use that good green 3m tape at our shop so it should work.