Help with Carb on computer truck (now wont start at all)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TacosnBeer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You've probably looked at this, but check all the terminals on the starter and solenoid. In all my years of dealing with GM starters, I'd never seen this before, but on my Burb 's starter solenoid, the smaller terminal where the ignition wire attaches, was loose. This and unseen corrosion in the long positive cable were causing a hot start issue. I hope you can get this figured out soon, I know how frustrating these kinds of things can be.

I took both the battery and starter in to get bench tested. Both checked GOOD and I was careful to ensure all connections were clean and tight.

TacosnBeer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is the distributor loose? You might have slipped the timing.

Distributor didn't move. I also pulled the cap to check and make sure the HEI 12v wire was connected well. The dizzy is new and cap/button all looked good. I also had 11.8V at the cap and checked the plug for spark.The plugs were super wet but still sparked when I turned the motor over.

TacosnBeer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If this is the case, he can crack the gas cap loose to ID the problem.

I am not sure the EVAP has anything to do with it but, I will try and crack the cap.

I did pick up another fuel pressure regulator with a return line. That is my next thing to do. I have a feeling it may be the FPR **** the bed and its getting too much fuel pressure because I have spark and I have fuel.. there is no reason why it shouldnt start... The plugs were super wet so, guessing the FPR is dead? The guage on it doesnt move when I turn the key on and the pump is energized (I can hear it running).

A new FPR will eliminate that possibility.

TacosnBeer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Aloha all! Sorry for the delay. It turns out, it was the fuel pump regulator. I put the new one on and ran a return line.... and she cranked right up. Now I need to tune this thing! The holidays have been making it tough but, glad that I got the starting problem sorted out.