Help me! Shifter thread size?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matt Conner

The louder the better
Reaction score
So, I want to figure out the thread size on the shift tower that the stick screws onto since I’m making a stick and need to know what thread to tap it to. If anyone has any knowledge of the thread on the shift tower please let me know

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
What?????? Is this an automatic trans? A manual trans? On 4X4? On the floor shift for you transfer case? If you want answers, you need to give us details. Also what year is this truck, what engine and what trans. The automatic trans shift leavers on the steering column dont have any threads on them. So what are you asking about?

Matt Conner

The louder the better
Reaction score
What?????? Is this an automatic trans? A manual trans? On 4X4? On the floor shift for you transfer case? If you want answers, you need to give us details. Also what year is this truck, what engine amd what trans. The automatic trans shift leavers dont have any threads on them. So what are you asking about?
Sorry I didn’t clarify. 95 K1500 350 with nv3500 5 speed. I need to know what the thread size/pitch the shifter tower is where the shift lever screws to the tower

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It should be a 3/8 NC thread, but the only way to know for sure, is to check it with a thread pitch gauge. Autozone should have one you can rent. You could check it in there parking lot.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DWPreston1969