Heater mode Actuator problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spareparts

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Next weekend i will be removing my dash and heater box :frown: as the defroster door fell out and is now laying on my bench.
Im replacing the AC evaporator, Accumulator, Heater core and upper air distribution duct. I had the AC system drained this morning.
I want to replace the Mode actuator and the Temp actuator. Something is wrong with the temp actuator so i want to replace them both with new and be done with it and here is where the problem starts.
Everything i find as replacements are 4 pins on the actuator at position #10,9,8,7
Both my actuator plugs have 3 pins in position #10,8,7
My current actuators have all the pins at positions #10,9,8,7,6,5 with only 10,8,7 being used

:wtf2:
So i don't know what to order:banghead:
Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Spareparts

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pics for reference

delta_p

OBS Chevrolet, When Silverado Was A Trim
Reaction score
My '96 C1500 takes a Dorman 604-107 for both the mode and temp blend door. It takes Dorman 604-116 for the recirculation fresh air door.

Spareparts

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My '96 C1500 takes a Dorman 604-107 for both the mode and temp blend door. It takes Dorman 604-116 for the recirculation fresh air door.
Does your Temp, Blend actuators have the 3 wire plug?

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So whats the problem? The circuits you need contact with will have contact. The most obvious reason is the actuator is probably used on other GM models and requires other functions or positions. If it is the listed part # and circiuts align. If it looks like duck and walks like a ....

delta_p

OBS Chevrolet, When Silverado Was A Trim
Reaction score
Yes I believe the plugs are 3 wire regardless of the number of pins on the actuator. Also, I just looked at a schematic in my service manual and it is 3 wires to each.
10,8,7 (B+,signal,GND) on the mode door (BRN, WHT, BLK) and temp door (BRN, LT BLU,BLK)
5,6,7 (B+,signal, GND) on the recirculation door (BRN, DRK GRN, BLK)