Heated mirrors for a 1993

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kkortman112

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Last Friday I had the day off of work and finally had time to do a project I'd been planning for quite awhile. LMC truck sells a heated mirror kit for the older square body trucks and I wanted to adapt it to my 1993. I like the larger mirror style like this. To make it look factory I even used a rear defog switch from a 1992 to 1994 Blazer, Yukon or Suburban. To be fair the mounting tubes on my style of truck are bent more than the 90° that these are but I'm happy with the results. Unfortunately LMC doesn't sell just the heated glass by itself. If they did I would have just swapped that into my current housings. I would also like to say a big thank you to Brandon L. for helping me with some questions and replacing the bulbs inside the switch for me.

You must be registered for see images attach

Kkortman112

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Those should be nice with winter coming up. Any ideals for leveling the mirrors back out?

The only way I would know is to swap out the mounting tubes but to do that the glass has to be popped out of the housings and I was afraid of breaking it and as I mentioned LMC doesn't sell just the glass.

Kkortman112

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
On another note now that I have a switch to control it, I'm considering putting an aftermarket heater grid on my back topper window over the tailgate. The second picture is of the kit from LMC that I started with.

1ton-o-fun

Automotive Durability Tester
Reaction score
Yeah, I didn't want to hijack your thread, so I started my own.
I'm thinking that since the square body mirrors you have are so similar to the obs ones, it "should" be easily accomplished. LMC sells the harnesses separately, so I think I'm going to give it a try. Knowing me, and my luck, I might get to it around spring, lol. 'Time' & 'Money'...-two things there is never enough of.