heads for carbed 350 on tbi engine?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluchevy

Reaction score
hi i have an engine question i have a set of heads of a carberated 350 and would like to know if i could use them on my tbi set up

SuperStepside

Reaction score
The 4 inner bolt holes for the carbed head are at a different angle than TBI heads. You'll have to grind some material off the tbi intake manifold for the bolts to sit flat and not be crooked.

4x4chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
lol this is great i had a carbed motor running tbi.It was a night mare it always was runing hot with all new cooling system.I had to drill and grind just to get the two middle bolts to fit like hes said the at an angle.Also iwas told that some tbi heads are better in long run but am not too sure.

plus i advance my timing to like 30 degres to run right carb and cammed motor with stock tbi stuff,but i have done it might work with some work but make sure the holes on the heads and the intake are alined for the water flow or it well get realy hot at idel if any ore question pm

97c1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
if money is not an issue buy some late model 350 Vortec heads and the tbi to Vortec intake