Headlig,ht Harness cause no start?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

low4x4

backyard mechanic
Reaction score
I would also say a bad ground is your problem.....a bad ground will discharge a capacitor....but a capacitor, will discharge a battery, if left connected without use

Chris.G.Jr.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would also say a bad ground is your problem.....a bad ground will discharge a capacitor....but a capacitor, will discharge a battery, if left connected without use

well the truck has never had a discharge problem with the capacitor up until installing the hd harness, idk what it is but i hooked the harness back to the battery and its fine now......not sure what the deal is.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was a connection issue, the harness draws zero power unless the lights are on. If it was drawing enough to kill the battery or cause the truck not to start it would be a melted clump of wires an plastic lol.

Chris.G.Jr.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It was a connection issue, the harness draws zero power unless the lights are on. If it was drawing enough to kill the battery or cause the truck not to start it would be a melted clump of wires an plastic lol.

hmm may need to get a new negative connection bc it starts to tighten then sorta strips out