HD harness and 4hi problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What year is your truck? Drl in these trucks (97+ iirc) uses the high beams an burns them at 60% brightness. It's not in the orange part of the park lights

Negative ghost rider. DRL's are in the low beam

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright then I guess my problem is that my 4hi mod doesnt work when parking lights are plugged in

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think what I am going to do is take the lmc harness out and see if my problem is resolved

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What year is your truck? Drl in these trucks (97+ iirc) uses the high beams an burns them at 60% brightness. It's not in the orange part of the park lights

Negative ghost rider. DRL's are in the low beam

Both of you are actually correct! In Canada only, the 90-95 GMT400's used the High beams for DRL's. And then when GMT400's got DRL's in the USA, then both Canadian and US model trucks went to using the low beams for DRL's.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
And to Polar, I replied to your PM that you sent today with more in depth details! But the LMC Harness is what is causing the issues here, I've never came accross this problem before with the 4-High kits; but from what you said I can say with 99% certainty that the LMC is what is giving you the problems!

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well its fixed so im happy. All I did was disconnect the lmc harness and reconnect it and it worked.