HD harness and 4hi problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I installed the headlight harness from lmc and the 4hi from mean green. The 4hi only works when I have the drl fuse out. Is this supposed to happen? If so, is there a way to get drls back ?

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I already had the lmc harness and 4hi from mean green before I saw that he made one

Parentnoia

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well my thinking is that the LMC harness and Mean Green's harness are working against each other a little bit, and that's why you have the DRL fuse issue.

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The thing I dont understand is that the harness does the same thing as mean greens.

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just to clarify my problem. My parking/courtesy/drl(whatever its called) lights do not work when I have the drl fusr out . When the fuse is out the 4hi works. When I plug the drl fuse in the courtesy lights work but the 4hi doesn't. Any help?

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just to clarify my problem. My parking/courtesy/drl(whatever its called) lights do not work when I have the drl fusr out . When the fuse is out the 4hi works. When I plug the drl fuse in the courtesy lights work but the 4hi doesn't. Any help?

Your pulling the wrong fuse. The DRL fuse is only for them. If your parking lights quit to, then you grabbed the wrong fuse. Don't worry I did it to the first time I pulled mine.....

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I went back out there and made sure I pulled the correct fuse. Now I have the orange running lights working again but still no 4hi

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What year is your truck? Drl in these trucks (97+ iirc) uses the high beams an burns them at 60% brightness. It's not in the orange part of the park lights