Hazards stuck on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheClev.z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I accidently broke my hazard button on my 96 and no matter how hard or anything I do I cant get them to turn off... Can anyone tell me where the wire is so I can cut it? Or any other solution?

MNZ71

Reaction score
I believe the hazards are controlled internally in the turn signal switch so if you cut the wires for them you would lose your turn signals. I'm not 100% on that though.

Chris.G.Jr.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
if the switch is broke off in the column get a pair of needle nose pliers and pull out the remaining pieces. (but if the switch is not in the column and pulled completely out your signals will not work.

TheClev.z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
right now I have the fuse pulled so I get no lights at all which is dangerous but i just cant get the stupid thing to stop

Chris.G.Jr.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
right now I have the fuse pulled so I get no lights at all which is dangerous but i just cant get the stupid thing to stop

yeah my hazard switch was broke so i bought a s10 one since they dont sell them for our truck and the s10 ones work, but unfortunately it didnt work for me so i have to replace the whole multifunction switch, but if the hazard switch only is pulled from the column the signals wont work like i said.

MNZ71

Reaction score
so just the button is broken off? Can you stick a screwdriver or something in there to turn them off?

TheClev.z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I tried... pushing moving it around everything.. I had them off for a while but it started back up again. I guess Ill have to mess with it some more. And I pulled the flasher instead of the fuse... dumb on my part to pull the fuse in the first place

Dszx13

ragged out Z71
Reaction score
Had this happen to my 95. I replaced the whole turn signal switch to fix it. Till I can up with the money I pulled the fuse an was very cautious slowing down lol

Sent from my ragged out Z71

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
I SHALL SAVE THE DAY! I had this happen to me before, and here is my thread.

The part you need can be got from Rock Auto and it was like 8.90$ or something like that. Part Number 15174447. Made by Doorman I believe. Search on Rock Auto and you will get this:

http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o584/AirmanSkee/e4033b04851d2feaceacbedf74f1ff9f_zps7bd9a656.jpg

Take some needle nose pliers, pull out the broken piece (you will have to tug pretty hard, dont be afraid.) ANd then the new one pops right back in place.

Take a read of my thread. I explain it in there.

http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o584/AirmanSkee/3cc6fa22baef48cb138cd49b0e623bcb_zps6b216c9a.jpg