Hazard Flashers Stop Flashing When Brake Is Applied - Flaw or Feature?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cc333

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, I guess it's a GM quirk.

I forgot to say that it was in me experience that imports had separate turn signals; I've known an 84 Audi and an 82 Volvo, and both had separate turn signal bulbs in the rear end, so I assumed most other European makes were similar, but my statement was overgeneralized, because that isn't necessarily so.

c

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I guess it's a GM quirk.

I forgot to say that it was in me experience that imports had separate turn signals; I've known an 84 Audi and an 82 Volvo, and both had separate turn signal bulbs in the rear end, so I assumed most other European makes were similar, but my statement was overgeneralized, because that isn't necessarily so.

c
You're not wrong. Most imports do.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
The suburban doesn't have a separate brake light relay. The trucks do. But if the wiring diagrams are to be believed, it's nothing more than a helper relay, and is tied into the column switch AND brake switch. Actually tbh I don't really trust the wiring diagram in this case, because it would appear to indicate a closed loop when activated, a loop that is not possible to deactivate without pulling the fuse. Heh, maybe I should have looked into how it's actually wired when I redid mine.

Diagram in question: https://www.ak49bwl.com/other/wires/1997K1500/Lights-Exterior.pdf

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The wiring harnesses to the rear lights are different on the Burb. My dash harness came out of one and I had to do a LOT of repinning and manual consultation to make it work in a pickup.
Weird. My truck's rear harness was garbage and none of the pickups at Pull-A-Part had intact harnesses. I ended up grabbing a rear harness off a Suburban and it was plug-and-play.
View media item 32065

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fergbkf