Having trouble finding the right universal joints to buy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Knuckle Dragger

Rascal *****
Reaction score
I never thought about using a ball joint tool for UJ's. I guess why not. My shop has an actual U-joint puller, which a good parts shop should also have for rent:
You must be registered for see images attach

Honestly worth every penny if you can manage to find them to rent. So much time saved.

otherwise it's not usually too much work to cut it out and hit the cups with a hammer... usually works on the real stubborn ones
You suck, I have never seen one of those before, now I gotta have one :) :p

Zerio29

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You suck, I have never seen one of those before, now I gotta have one :) :p
Ah haha yea sorry :rolleyes:. I was in the same boat. Thought I'd pass on some of the pain lol. The only ones I've ever used are from tigertool, but as far as i know they're a local BC company. I work in a heavy duty shop and we bought the largest one available and beat the living piss out of it almost daily and it's lasted years.

Knuckle Dragger

Rascal *****
Reaction score
Ah haha yea sorry :rolleyes:. I was in the same boat. Thought I'd pass on some of the pain lol. The only ones I've ever used are from tigertool, but as far as i know they're a local BC company. I work in a heavy duty shop and we bought the largest one available and beat the living piss out of it almost daily and it's lasted years.

35ish years as a mechanic and I still hate u-joints. I was never very good with them, that tool makes them look much easier.

Stringer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for all the help. I ended up renting a ball joint/u joint press and that worked great. had to settle with what they had in town so i got greasable "masterpro" 355 and 354 for my application. 355 is a combination u joint meaning it has two different size bearing caps which was fun to figure out lol. driveline noise is gone now and truck rides like a caddy.