Harness for a 5.3L with a T56 to a NV4500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aruba1

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I recently purchased an S10 with an LSX with a TH350 tranny. The harness is built by Current Performance and it's also setup for a T56. I have a 1996 NV4500 that is complete from clutch to driveshafts. I already purchased the special flywheel (sachs 1050), bolts for flywheel/pressure plate), extended bushing, etc. I am planning to remove the dowel pins to use my stock clutch. Do I need to do anything else with the ECM for the engine to operate correctly with the NV4500? Or do I just mate the NV4500 and the LQ4 and drive and play?

Thanks

Aruba1

Reaction score
Anyone? Anyone? LOL. Here is the simplified version...

Currently I am running a 2000 5.3L engine with a TH350, and I will be installing a 1996 NV4500 5 speed gearbox, do I need to reflash the ECM?

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You won't have to do a reflash if it is flashed for a manual tranny. The T56 harness should have had an electric speedo an possibly the reverse lock out. The PCM does need to see the speed input but I don't recall what happens if it doesn't. I believe dakota digital makes a box that converts a cable drive (th350) to a pulse per mile output that the LS computer is looking for.