Handle flip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score
I've heard of it, but it's for trucks with ALOT of lift. Think about it, makes it easier to open the doors insted of having to lift UP on the handle you pull DOWN on the handle.

BlackBeauty

No I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've heard of it, but it's for trucks with ALOT of lift. Think about it, makes it easier to open the doors insted of having to lift UP on the handle you pull DOWN on the handle.
It makes complete sense with ALOT of lift, I've just never heard of it :shrug:

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score

I get the part about it being easier with a lift but i dont see how it would work cause when you lift the handle it pulls the rod lifting the latch, if you flip it it would push the rod down not releasing the latch, unless you switch the latches between the doors

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score
I have no idea how it would work, but IIRC I saw it done on a truck in a show one time.

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
I get the part about it being easier with a lift but i dont see how it would work cause when you lift the handle it pulls the rod lifting the latch, if you flip it it would push the rod down not releasing the latch, unless you switch the latches between the doors

Pretty sure you'd have to flip it side for side too, because otherwise it'd be on the wrong side of the handle (front vs back) as well.

Askme42

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah pretty sure I'm just getting kodiak doors but had heard of it and like you all didn't know how it was done