Grandpa's '94 K1500 Cheyenne

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What all was required to do this?

Pretty much extra hoodlight and sheet metal screws. Tapped off the original light and grounded on the other screw hole on the 2nd hood light. I soldered mine recommend that way btw.

Don't think my light under the hood ever worked. There is no voltage drop when the bulb is removed. No biggy. Did all the GMTs with a Vortec have hood insulation? Can not remember removing mine, too much homebrew. No biggy.

I'm not sure but I would put hood insulation. Lmc has some or pretty much anybody that sells it would work. I got new insulation clips from amazon, lot cheaper there lol

White96k2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Pretty much extra hoodlight and sheet metal screws. Tapped off the original light and grounded on the other screw hole on the 2nd hood light. I soldered mine recommend that way btw.

I'm not sure but I would put hood insulation. Lmc has some or pretty much anybody that sells it would work. I got new insulation clips from amazon, lot cheaper there lol
Thank you! Do you know what size the bulb is?

bamabound

Reaction score
I agree with everyone else, keep it stock and enjoy. If your truck doesn't have skidplates, you might want to add them. They're not too hard to find at the local pull a part. Otherwise just have fun and drive it. Your grandpa bought a keeper for ya!

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
I'd ditch the 4.3 air cleaner & snorkel.

Get one from a 350 truck, the older "barrel" style resonator thing looks better IMO as well, if you want to continue to run one. Otherwise, get a snorkel from a 305 truck which will run from the air cleaner straight to the intake on the fender.

Really nice truck, RC|SB trucks are rare, especially 4x4's. Shame about the automatic though ;)