Got my shift kit and servo finally installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98chevy4x4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok i finally got my b&m shift plus installed and my tci 2nd gear servo installed and i love it. i didnt really believe some of yall at first cause when i first installed em it didnt really do much but bout the 2 or 3 day i could tell a BIG difference cause i have a 98 chevy ext cab 4x4 ALL STOCK with just exhaust with 33's and im catching second gear now its so awesome

Bigg G

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I love mines too.....still kind of funny seeing the looks on people faces after they hear me snatching a nice chirp going into 2nd.
I tell people **she's just an old farm truck** and in most cases I get the **year right** response.

jshawag12

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
so what exactly does teh servo do...does it make it shift at higher or rpm or lower?

Bad91Bowtie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It firms up up the 1st to 2nd shift, basically it allows more line pressure to build up resulting in a quicker shift.

I need to do the Vette servo swap on mine.

98chevy4x4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
butch i would get the b&m electronic shift plus and a servo it works Great and Big G yea all my friends were dang thats badass but i didnt think it would help it out that much

Bama2door

Reaction score
Damn it sounds like I need to do this...when my tranny goes from 1-2 at WOT it's like it gets to a certain rpm and then doesn't pull like it should till redline. Would this help? I just got my 6.0 in my 99 2dr and just installed a cam in it yesterday and my trucks begging for a built trans now but I just don't have the money now