Good impact wrench

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Birchyboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't have any sort of impact wrench, nor do I have a working compressor. Would an electric impact wrench with 350lbs or torque be enough for removing most anything on these trucks? I'm thinking either a Kobalt or Harbor Freight.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
I don't have any sort of impact wrench, nor do I have a working compressor. Would an electric impact wrench with 350lbs or torque be enough for removing most anything on these trucks? I'm thinking either a Kobalt or Harbor Freight.

My dad has a big dewalt electric 1/2 impact and it'll take off more than lug nuts. It is very strong.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Are you going with an air impact or cordless?

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Well as far as cordless goes I've used John Deere (makitas I think) and snap ons and as far as I'm concerned the makitas are better in everyway smaller lighter more powerful better quality

19trax95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If all your doing is lug nuts I would definitely opt for a cordless electric gun. I have a Milwaukee 18v that I keep at home. It's got plenty of power to take off lug nuts. I use it all the time on my truck at home.

But for anything real heavy or constant duty air is still the only way to go.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
I've always sworn by CP air impacts. just something I became loyal to a long time ago.

But lately, if I'm just doing lug nuts, I've found myself reaching for a cheap mastercraft electric corded impact.

Light, maneuverable, powerful enough and quiet.

In a pinch, I even used it to change out my front wheel bearings when they started growling on a recent trip. Not fun doing it outside in someones driveway, but it got the job done. Suspension nuts, the big hub nut and even the 15 mm bearing hub bolts....

I travel with a fairly extensive tool kit. The electric impact is a nice little addition. I can even run it off the inverter I have installed in the truck if I'm really stuck....