going with a carb'd small block

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AZ is the Grand Canyon state ... it says right on the historic plate.
I know, it's also known as the copper state too, among others. Here's a snip of Wikipedia's "List of U.S. state and Territory nicknames"

You must be registered for see images attach

retorq

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know, it's also known as the copper state too, among others. Here's a snip of Wikipedia's "List of U.S. state and Territory nicknames"

I had no clue ...

AND WTF Italy of America?!

89GMCJOHN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I went to a Carbd ,one piece roller, 10:1 ,360 , Air Gap Int, 700r4 , S10 converter, ramjet camshaft, 1.6's , my build thread here...... I was just building a decent torque setup , as others have mentioned HEI , mechanical fuel pump, gages will all work as long as you transfer all your sensors obviously, hoses werent an issue ...... according to DD I ended up with around 300 horse ... FWIW

https://www.gmt400.com/threads/89-gmc-shortbox-cruiser-torque-build.40691/

Last edited:

grey wolf

Reaction score
Awesome! I knew it couldn't be that complicated to get a real engine in my truck! Now I was kind of thinking of a .040" over 350 (to make it a 357) and a triple 2 barrel carb intake, just so I can say I got a 357 and a 6 pack! I can't be the first guy to think of that.. haha

But seriously, I think a simple small block with some interesting old parts might be the way to go with this truck. Most people would probably keep it injected, but then again most people probably would repaint the whole truck and get some nice wheels on it, etc. This truck is a real work truck, lots of dents and stuff on it, and I'm not planning to make it pretty. It'll be more like something you'd see in Mad Max than something from the magazines.