going back to split bench and having some issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gerardobernal1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i have recently decided to go from my tahoe buckets, back to a split bench. problem was that i sold my original seat a long time ago. i managed to find one on craigslist for a good price. i have a regular cab and the seats i bought are from an extended cab and im having issues lining up the passenger side. seems the seat track is too long for the specified bolt areas. any suggestions?

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Drill holes in the the seat bracket to match your existing holes in the floor. Much, much easier than drilling holes in the floor.

gerardobernal1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Its kinda wierd because the track is too long and it hits the hump in the back of the cab with one of the mounting points... i can bend. it up tho...

BHBurban

GMT 1600
Reaction score
You have to shorten the rear mounting pad by cutting and bolting it together, or welding.

You must be registered for see images attach

This seat is out of a '96 extended cab. In my '89 reg cab

gerardobernal1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do u have any more pics of the mounting on that passenger seat? and also the hump in the middle, was it an issue with the mounting points?

BHBurban

GMT 1600
Reaction score
Locate the seat by bolting it into the existing outer mount holes by the door jamb. Make sure the inner slider (the one on the trans hump) is aligned adjustment/position wise with the outer slider. Mark your hole position from the mounting holes in the bracket. Remove the seat, Drill new holes, shorten rear leg, bolt down, done.

Sent from an obama phone