GMT800 4WD T-Bar Keys in 2WD GMT400?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blacksport

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you can drop the rear 2in for under 40 bucks i got some drop shackles from egay for 20 bucks it was the first thing i did to my truck.
they are good quality the price has gone up https://www.ebay.com/itm/SILVERADO-...-2WD-USA-R2-/202227082148?hash=item2f15ac63a4
if it was 4wd i would say go up but 2wd going down a little takes the rake out and is cheap.
just today i got a thrush welded muffler https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/thrush-welded-muffler-17656/20291343-P basically a flowmaster knock off from advance for 35 bucks i have the tools so i will cut carefully and be able to still use the factory tail pipe.
so muffler clamps i'm in for 42 bucks if you had to you could do the loan a tool thing at autozone and get the pipe expander i may have to do that myself.
my point is ya could accomplish the lower stance and throatier tone for well under 100 bucks.

Last edited:

cmcolfax

Reaction score
you can drop the rear 2in for under 40 bucks i got some drop shackles from egay for 20 bucks it was the first thing i did to my truck.
they are good quality the price has gone up https://www.ebay.com/itm/SILVERADO-...-2WD-USA-R2-/202227082148?hash=item2f15ac63a4
if it was 4wd i would say go up but 2wd going down a little takes the rake out and is cheap.
just today i got a thrush welded muffler https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/thrush-welded-muffler-17656/20291343-P basically a flowmaster knock off from advance for 35 bucks i have the tools so i will cut carefully and be able to still use the factory tail pipe.
so muffler clamps i'm in for 42 bucks if you had to you could do the loan a tool thing at autozone and get the pipe expander i may have to do that myself.
my point is ya could accomplish the lower stance and throatier tone for well under 100 bucks.
Agreed.

In fact, the Thrush welded is what I recommended he pick up for $40-ish.

I'll cut the suitcase out and we can clamp it in with a coupla short sections of pipe to make up the difference (that I prolly have laying in my garage).

He wants to go up in the front to level the stance and "look more like a truck".

He found some coil spacers for $30-ish and I'm going to give him the Zone Offroad shocks from the first version of the lift in mine.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

BonestockK1500

LT265/75/R16
Reaction score
Agreed.

In fact, the Thrush welded is what I recommended he pick up for $40-ish.

I'll cut the suitcase out and we can clamp it in with a coupla short sections of pipe to make up the difference (that I prolly have laying in my garage).

He wants to go up in the front to level the stance and "look more like a truck".

He found some coil spacers for $30-ish and I'm going to give him the Zone Offroad shocks from the first version of the lift in mine.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

A real leveling kit would be nice for him, 2 inch spindles or the like. The cheap generic coil spacers are made for straight axles and won’t work with the IFS a-arms, tried it 20 years ago and not even close to appropriate. I can’t blame him for wanting a leveling kit just do it right and safe. It will look nice properly leveled. But proper isn’t always cheap. Good luck and send pictures of the final product.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
The kid should've saved his money for a Flowmaster 40 Series, best sounding muffler I have heard in my life. Love that deep gurgle like sound when accelerating.

BonestockK1500

LT265/75/R16
Reaction score

I’m not smart enough to know if those are any good. Those look like they might seat into the control arm and might work, but seem like they might require a compression tool to remove and reinstall the coils which sounds like a headache to me. Then I’d have no clue how you would get enough play out of stock steering components to align the front end.

But I’m probably the least technical person on this site so I’ll shut up when it comes to this sort of guidance. When I was 17 I was dumb enough to try and make these things below work, and I don’t think they do with the IFS A arm architecture on a C1500.

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach