GMT400 + No Oil + Full Throttle =.....Cash For Clunkers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

darren250r

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Last edited:

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Yeah, they ruined more than just that, and if the dealership wasn't knowledgeable on classic cars, they did it to a few cars I would kill for. The local GM dealership GAVE the owners credit at the dealer for the cars just so they wouldn't have to be destroyed, then prepped the cars for the used car lot. Some included late 60's camaros, barracudas, challengers, things you wouldn't normally find, but thanks to the muscle car market values being low in this area, they were being brought in for the sale. I have a feeling some of the owners may have thought they would go to a better home, instead of being destroyed. I did sit and painfully watch some get destroyed, they drained the oil and tranny fluid and would pour in this fluid and powder mix and then crank the engines and let them run till they seized. The powder went into the transmission and usually you heard some crazy noises before you finally heard this high speed clicking noise, that was to define the trans being shot. They had a cirrus that had the engine seize before the trans went, so they got under the hood with a torch and cut holes into the case. A bunch of nice vehicles got turned in Hyundais and Kias.

darren250r

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Its crazy how nice some of those cars are. Just saw a flawless 80's corvette get destroyed. I guess some of them might have been rich people that would rather take $4500 than deal with selling their car for more??? A bunch of them seem like they'd be worth more to sell or even as a trade in. Crazy!

Dragit

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Darren250r I just seen some pic of your truck in another thread I love that thing! Is there a thread on it already or do you have any more pics, specs? Thanks

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
it's sad to see them destroyed. OBS's are almost extinct around here.

When an OBS gets to the wreckers (oh, O.K. 'Auto recyclers') around here, within a week, it looks like they've been descended on by vutures! Picked CLEAN! Yet, I have seen as many as 9 in a 2 block stretch, rolling down the road. I tried counting how many I see in a day. I quite when I hit a hundred. Before 2pm.

darren250r

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Darren250r I just seen some pic of your truck in another thread I love that thing! Is there a thread on it already or do you have any more pics, specs? Thanks

Thanks dude! I don't have a thread on in this forum. I built it about 4yrs ago now and bought a money pit house right at the end of the build that put the brakes on that project. Its been sitting ever since. I drive it a little here and there, but it was my first time building something like that, so it needs more work still. My house and GARAGE are nearing completion finally, so hopefully I can attack the truck again soon. I built everything you see by hand in my driveway with a welder, chop saw, bench grinder, angle grinder and a drill.

Rear - Reverse triangulated 4-link with 14 fox coilovers. 14 bolt FF with 5.13's and a detroit.

Front - 3-link with panhard. Dana 60. Hydro-assist.

39.5x18x16.5 Boggers on 14" wide Weld Sidewinders

It ended up being about 22" of lift give or take.

A bunch of **** is still left to do on it, but what can you do......

canuckz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Some nice vehicles that could be used for good parts, seems like a waste to me.

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
when this all went down I had a 97 deville and I needed and antenna... found one.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
when this all went down I had a 97 deville and I needed and antenna... found one.

HAHAHAHA I bet you did!

I like that body style, but I wish they'd have made it rwd. On top of me just not liking fwd a whole hell of alot, it's a pain to change the plugs on a sideways v8, especially a northstar.

Only fwd's i really liked were the old early 70's eldorado's and toronado's.