GMT400 History

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hogg

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure you couldnt get a 4.10 gear in a GMT400 with the 10 bolt. You may have been able to get a F44 14 bolt 4.10 ratio like the 1991-93 454SS, but with 6 lug axles.

peace
Hog

tj stone

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My 97 silverado has a seperate door and igintion keys. There both gm stamped so I wouldent assume its aftermarket. Any ideas?

canuckz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are they just silver keys with a square head that has GM stamped on em? I think they are re cut keys if so

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Couple odd options.

-My 1989 Stepside is an SLE,but has crank windows and manual locks, with fancy door panels, no AC, but did have fancy stereo, plus its 4.3L with 3.42's, go figure.
You must be registered for see images attach

-Also, the optional tailgate banner for Stepsides, looks like this, no metal one available.

-1998 Silverado at work, has factory buckets, consoles (roof and floor), fancy door panels, but crank windows and POWER locks, and FACTORY rear seat delete. (Found build sheet in glove box, was special order fleet truck!)

Last edited:

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
My 88 was the same way. The trucks were SLE packaged trucks, with an option called the "super saver package." My grandparents special ordered it this way. Took a fully loaded SLE truck, and took away some options like power windows, locks, tilt column and cassette player.

My truck came as an SLE. 350, 4wd, 3.73s, chrome trim, quad headlamps, cloth seat, a/c and cruise. It was missing tilt, cassette player, power windows and locks.

Not a GMT400, but my 02 was packaged very similarly. uplevel cloth, leather wheel, chrome trim, cd player, ac, but was crank windows, manual locks, no cruise and even a floor shift 4wd (which isn't common in gmt800 trucks)

94_C/1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My dad just got a '97 K1500 . It is a Silverado with a lot of options and has a sf 14 bolt with the bigger springs (4 leaves and a massive overload) but the truck did not have a hitch and only has a 305. Very odd to me.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
My dad just got a '97 K1500 . It is a Silverado with a lot of options and has a sf 14 bolt with the bigger springs (4 leaves and a massive overload) but the truck did not have a hitch and only has a 305. Very odd to me.

That is odd.