GMT400 Headlight Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

summitwhiteV6

Reaction score
New member, first post.

Been having an issue with my 94 Chev for a bit now, being that the headlights don't immediately come on when I push the switch in. From what digging and research I've done on my own, the switch itself seems to be the issue. After enough fiddling and wiggling the headlight portion of the switch they do come on.

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Pull the headlight switch and back probe the connections for connectivity. You'll need to Google the wiring diagram to know what each wire goes to, but it's easy to find. The problem sounds like a loose connection at the harness for the headlight circuit, I'd start there. if that's the issue, disconnect the harness, and inspect for corrosion or harness damage. May need a new switch, may just need to adjust the pin in the harness for solid reliable connection.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

summitwhiteV6

Reaction score
Pull the headlight switch and back probe the connections for connectivity. You'll need to Google the wiring diagram to know what each wire goes to, but it's easy to find. The problem sounds like a loose connection at the harness for the headlight circuit, I'd start there. if that's the issue, disconnect the harness, and inspect for corrosion or harness damage. May need a new switch, may just need to adjust the pin in the harness for solid reliable connection.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

Alright. I'll give it a look when I get a chance, more than likely tomorrow morning. Thanks.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
I had a headlight switch do similar in my 93, I took apart the switch and cleaned all the contacts. Never had a problem with it after that.