GMT400 - Community Scan Tool

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Forced to display my ignorance about re-programing/flashing!
My goals for the Snap-on MT2500 "community scanner" include:
Re-calibration of the speedometer.
Increase the torque converter lockup pressure a little.
Disable the EGR by increasing the temp it operates at.
Ignoring the second oxygen sensor.
Disable the speed limiter.

I can't figure out how to do any of that with the red brick! Hope I am just doing something stupid.
Do I need a laptop with more programs and an interface cable to do this?
Is there another menu selection I need to find on the MT2500?
Thanks for the help.
The scanner can’t do that. It’s not like a programmer.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Bob2650

Reaction score
I need to record some data, with pencil and paper, for 3 vehicles then I am done. That will only take a few days. This scanner does show a few more parameters than my other scanners. Not sure how many or what but I was fascinated with the torque converter slip readout and the recording mode. I suspect the recording "movie" mode may be useless without downloading to a computer and we don't have that interface wire. I don't need to try to bleed ABS brakes or anything super frustrating like that.
I run a pair of ScanGauges, and have several shade tree mechanic level scanners and a very old GM Tech1 set so for the most part, I don't really need to use this scanner. It is great but seems to be designed to extract money from the mechanics instead of helping mechanics make money.
Very glad I did not buy one. The community scanner saved me a lot of trouble.
Who is next?

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
Not sure who’s next. @termite or @studigggs do you want it back?

I think it sits until the next person wants it, otherwise it’s a wasted shipping cost.
Caman’s got the right idea. From the last I heard, Studiggs reply on getting it sent back to him (I asked befor previously), it stays with last user until requested by another.

Had to edit my previous reply (^) after reading it. My attention only stretches so far while staying coherent and I think I exceeded that limit.

Last edited:

OBS_Trash

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’d like to get on the list as well, I would like to check/adjust timing. Bought a new distributor. Came across some old threads on using a Bluetooth adapter OBDII and various apps that can do the same thing. Looking for current recommendations (iOS)