GMT400 2500 Steering Parts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryeguy2006a

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I sold my truck last year and just came across these parts and I no longer need them. I'm not exactly sure what I ordered and I cannot remember all of the part numbers. Some of the items have the part numbers listed and the others don't. I believe I planned on rebulding the whole front steering linkages. What I have are inner and outer tie rods, new sleeves, pitman arm and idler arm bracket. The part numbers come back as Moog, which is likely what I ordered, but not 100% sure.

How does $65 shipped sound?

You must be registered for see images

Thanks,
Ryan

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
What series 400 truck did you have? I think these parts are the same for a 1500 and 2500 but not sure. My parts lady is off till Friday or I would call her and ask...if you don't get any nibbles before then I might be interested. I'll get back to you later, thanks

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
My truck was a 2000 K2500 Crew Cab Short Box.
Just checked rock auto and they say that everything is the same for a 99 C1500 Burb and your old truck (2000 K2500) except the inner tie rods. The sleeves are the same, so the threads are the same. Must be a little different bend or the post that goes into the center link is a different size. Can you post more pictures of the part numbers? Those do look like MOOG numbers, but I can't see all of them. Thanks!

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
OK, thanks. Let me look under the Burb in the morning and see if I can tell about the tie rods. Haven't been under it recently enough to have a definite idea of what they look like. I'm seriously interested in getting these parts though, if you can wait until Friday. That's when I get paid next. It's definitely a great deal!

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
OK, thanks. Let me look under the Burb in the morning and see if I can tell about the tie rods. Haven't been under it recently enough to have a definite idea of what they look like. I'm seriously interested in getting these parts though, if you can wait until Friday. That's when I get paid next. It's definitely a great deal!
Just looked under the truck, the inner tie rods have the grease fitting on the edge of the joint (pointing to the middle of the truck) and the shaft that goes into the sleeve is 7" long from the base of the joint to the end of the shaft. And it's very straight.
That seems to be the main difference inner tie rods and outers, the grease fitting location and the joint shaft size.
Even if the inner tie rods are different enough that they won't be usable on my Burb, I'll go ahead and get the parts from you. Can you do PayPal? I can send you the email address for my account. Thanks

Last edited:

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
$65 shipped sounds great! My zip code is 77477, let me know if you can do PayPal and I will send you the email address for that. Thanks!