Glad to finally join

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dravec

Unashamed 400 addict. Best. Trucks. Ever.
Reaction score
After having lurked around a bit over the years, I've finally joined up.
Long time GMT400 owner from the DFW area.

My very first vehicle was a Pewter '99 C2500 LS eclb 350/80E/4.10 that was a total mechanical loss after less than 1,000 miles and two months, but despite being a real turd, she gave me the bug for GMT400s.

Next truck was a Summit White '99 K3500 LS cclb 454/80E/4.10 that I drove for 97,000 some odd miles over just shy of 10 years, and I still miss her every single day.

Then came a Light Autumnwood Metallic '96 K2500 SLE eclb 350/NV4500/3.42 that was in rough shape, but she sure was pretty. I had plans to restore her, but the previous owner had done some seriously shoddy repairs that I didn't catch, and there was only a single bolt holding the transmission to the engine. So the damage was beyond catastrophic when that final bolt gave up.

Skip two vehicles and about 4 years, and I've finally gotten back to another GMT400, this time my nearly dream truck.

A beautiful Summit White '99 K2500 SLT Suburban 454/80E/4.10, only 135k on the clock when I got her back in February, with the rare as hen's teeth tailgate and liftglass and every single power option available in '99.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from the other end of I 45!
Very nice Burb!
I probably see 1 tailgate truck for every 15 or 20 barn doors model. Both of mine have been barn doors. My family's had 5 square body Burbs and they were all tailgates except for the last one. On the 800 series (2000--06), it's the other way; doors are much less common than liftgates.

Dravec

Reaction score
Wow! Thats a clean looking rig! Like you said, very rare to find one that highly optioned and well taken care of! She's a beauty!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Yeah, she's got heated seats, but the dealer had the driver's side redone in vinyl, thus losing the heater elements, so I'm on the lookout for some of those, and she's missing the third row seat. Otherwise complete.

Dravec

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from the other end of I 45!
Very nice Burb!
I probably see 1 tailgate truck for every 15 or 20 barn doors model. Both of mine have been barn doors. My family's had 5 square body Burbs and they were all tailgates except for the last one. On the 800 series (2000--06), it's the other way; doors are much less common than liftgates.

Thanks for the welcome! And I'm gonna guess you're down around Houston way then, if you're the other side of 45?

Yeah, the tailgate option is why it took so friggin long for me to find a Burb. I absolutely flat refused to have one of these awesome GMT400 Burbs without a tailgate. I dislike the pillar in my line of sight in the rearview. I remember reading somewhere that the tailgate option was only on like 1 out of every 350 or so Suburbans in the GMT400 generation.

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome! And I'm gonna guess you're down around Houston way then, if you're the other side of 45?

Yeah, the tailgate option is why it took so friggin long for me to find a Burb. I absolutely flat refused to have one of these awesome GMT400 Burbs without a tailgate. I dislike the pillar in my line of sight in the rearview. I remember reading somewhere that the tailgate option was only on like 1 out of every 350 or so Suburbans in the GMT400 generation.
Yep, Houston it is! I was living in Stafford last year when I joined, and I still have a shop building there where the Burb gets worked on. It's one of the southwest suburbs of Houston.
Took a little getting used to with the post on ours. The last square Burb was a 90 R2500 and it had the barn doors that opened way out, unlike the 400s that open straight. One thing I did notice was that the post makes a great place to line up with a trailer.

Dravec

Reaction score
Yep, Houston it is! I was living in Stafford last year when I joined, and I still have a shop building there where the Burb gets worked on. It's one of the southwest suburbs of Houston.
Took a little getting used to with the post on ours. The last square Burb was a 90 R2500 and it had the barn doors that opened way out, unlike the 400s that open straight. One thing I did notice was that the post makes a great place to line up with a trailer.

Ha! Fair enough on the trailer! But I learned to do it the hard way at 7 years old. With my grandad's disapproving stare. And no rear view inside the truck. Only the door mirrors. :rotflmao:

Been to Houston a few times, but don't know Stafford very well at all. I'd probably struggle to point it out on a Mapsco. :hmm:

Last edited:

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
Ha! Fair enough on the trailer! But I learned to do it the hard way at 7 years old. With my grandad's disapproving stare. And no rear view inside the truck. Only the door mirrors. :rotflmao:

Been to Houston a few times, but don't know Stafford very well at all. I'd probably struggle to point it out on a Mapsco. :hmm:
If you've heard of Sugar Land, you'll go through Stafford to get to Sugar Land. We're not a real big town, only one high school. But Stafford has around 17,000 population, while SL has over 110,000.
Our big claim to fame is that we had the longest serving mayor in the country, until he passed away recently. Mayor Leonard Scarcella had been initially elected in 1969, and never defeated in an election (when he had an opponent, sometimes he ran unopposed).