Glad to finally join

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dravec

Unashamed 400 addict. Best. Trucks. Ever.
Reaction score
So, currently I'm slowly gathering up front control arm bushings and ball joints because the front end feels like it's about to fall out from under this old girl. Couple more weeks and hopefully I'll have everything.

Duralast Gold ball joints and Duralast bushings. Was highly considering Energy bushings, but I have several coworkers who advised against that if I wanted to maintain maximum comfort. And since my elderly grandma does ocasionally ride in my girl, rubber it is.

After bushings and ball joints, it'll be a new set of Bilstien shocks and then on to the tie rods.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So, currently I'm slowly gathering up front control arm bushings and ball joints because the front end feels like it's about to fall out from under this old girl. Couple more weeks and hopefully I'll have everything.

Duralast Gold ball joints and Duralast bushings. Was highly considering Energy bushings, but I have several coworkers who advised against that if I wanted to maintain maximum comfort. And since my elderly grandma does ocasionally ride in my girl, rubber it is.

After bushings and ball joints, it'll be a new set of Bilstien shocks and then on to the tie rods.

Man I hear you 100%. I think mine needs a lot of work I'm gonna have to tackle soon... kinda not looking forward to it. Some things are easier then others but heres my list. Big 3, coolant leaking so new hoses by the heater core, may have a vacuum leak, rough idling so maybe new plugs, I'm predicting a new fuel pump, brakes, and freaking drive shaft clunking so ima pull it out clean it and reinstall that. Rear diff leaking again so maybe gotta tighten the nut a bit more. Smh, I dont mind doing the work, just need the time and hope my wife doesn't blow a gasket lol