Gear Ratio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I'm sure you've heard this before but.... if your thinking about power for the strip the best thing to do, small block wise, to the 305 is to replace it with a 350..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
You mean LS swap

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Or don't because he thinks a ECSB can be fast!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:lol: Depends on your definition of fast I suppose. My V6 truck runs around 17.5 in a quarter mile, I'd like to think that's fast-ish when you compare it to it's other V6 bretheren. It regularly outruns fart can imports from red lights so that's fast enough for me. :)

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
With the current setup it will run high 11s low 12s. With the next setup we will be tickling mid 9s

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, see, that's actually fast. Nice job! :waytogo:

You should get video of some of your passes, I'd love to see an OBS ECSB run a 9 second quarter!

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Yeah, see, that's actually fast. Nice job! :waytogo:

You should get video of some of your passes, I'd love to see an OBS ECSB run a 9 second quarter!
Ever heard of the white rhino?

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea look up the white rhino driven by Ron Gibbany. His truck makes 1180hp to the rear wheels and runs mid/high 8s. Next motor for my truck will be a 572 or bigger making 800ish hp on motor and 250hp on nitrous

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ever heard of the white rhino?

Yea look up the white rhino driven by Ron Gibbany. His truck makes 1180hp to the rear wheels and runs mid/high 8s. Next motor for my truck will be a 572 or bigger making 800ish hp on motor and 250hp on nitrous

Well that was the coolest thing I've seen in a while.

90droptop

Reaction score
Run your truck a few times in the stock gear ratio, make notes of your shifting rpm and your trap speeds & times
That will help you out a lot when trying to gear out the truck.
If y pi u take it out and are running 15s consistently bit notice that the trans is shifting into over drive or direct drive before you hit the traps that will help you determine how much more gear you can go if your having to shift into od it is a severe gear reduction and your eng I me is no longer in the proper power band to be use able at that point. So drop it to 4.56s and you shift into od sooner the adder rpm from the deeper gears will put you into a better PowerBand allowing some additional gusto in that last push.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk