gathering parts for my swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wab93

Reaction score
So I'm planning a 5.3 swap on my 93...
I have access to a couple of 5.3 and 4.8..
I'm trying to stick with a drive by cable throttle body.
Also found a 4l60e.. So the motor and transmission are set.. I was looking at going with psiconversions for the harness.. We have local tuners here for the pcm tuning part of the swap.. So tgats set.
I have a few questions still that I needed answered..
First, what motor mounts areya using?? I dont want to have to move the cross member on the transmission..
Second, what else do I need to complete the swap??
I have access to a lot of parts, i have a friend that owns a junkyard.. Thanks in advance

Rick1991

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
First, what motor mounts areya using??
Second, what else do I need to complete the swap??

I haven't done the swap but I have a boat load of parts gathered and am going to start soon but anyway... I've heard nothing but good things about the dirty dingo motor mounts so I have those waiting in my basement, and as far as I know I think you can use your stock tranny mount for the 4L60E, that's what I plan on doing with my T56 anyway.

craig98

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dirty dingo are the mounts you want. Keeps trans in factory location. Those are the mounts I have in my 96 5.3 swap. Also you will need a fuel pump like a walbaro 255 pump since yours is Tbi and you need higher fuel psi. There are a few other things I think you will need. I'm not sure exactly everything you will need since my truck was a vortec.

Talk to Shaun on here he did a super clean swap on his 90.