Gasket between knuckle and dust shield. Where??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TAF2003

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
As I’m replacing my UCA and LCA, thought I’d remove the knuckle and clean it up a bit.

Ran across a gasket between the knuckle and the shield. However, Oreilly/AutoZone/AdvanceAuto don’t carry a replacement. Searches on RockAuto and Amazon failed too.

1996 C1500 Yukon, stock knuckle.

It’s part 15 on the image from Chilton.

You must be registered for see images attach

If I can’t find a replacements, I’ll be *really* careful with the ones I removed...

Thx
Andy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TechNova

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There are a lot of cars without them. If you feel the need for one you could use dum dum or a sealer instead of the gasket.
NAPA will have gasket material you can cut your own also.

Reaction score
On the topic, does the rubber gasket actually go in the groove inside the dust shield? Old shield too rusted out to tell.

The gasket is just barely larger than the new dust shield opening. Doesn't look like it'd do anything sandwiched in.

E: Never mind. In the section of the service manual that shows knuckle replacement, it says the gasket goes on first, then splash shield.

Last edited:

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Don't know if anyone else has noticed, in that exploded view, that the outer wheel bearing is pictured backwards? That could mess someone up if they didn't know how to correctly reassemble the truck......
Edit: when I had to replace the dust shield (backing plate)and the ABS sensor package (which is attached to the backing plate)on my 99 Burb C1500, I think it had a new gasket on it. If GM doesn't service it,or show one available, you'll have to make one, or use some type of high temperature sealant.