Fuel injector wire knicked.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Both these guys are right, but the tape would bother me too. If you clean it really well the tape shouldn't let go, but it's also difficult to get that spot clean because of the decades of gunk built up on the wire.

Honestly to me it looks like you just scraped the insulation; it doesn't look deep enough to be bare wire, or are my eyes deceiving me?

If so, I'd carefully tuck it back in and not worry. Your 1994 should have the plastic spacer ring instead of the earlier model metal ring, which was prone to chafing the wires and shorting them out.

Richard

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I guess I'm the only one who thinks that's too insignificant to care about? If it gets worse, maybe do something, but as is I wouldn't lose any sleep.

Honestly to me it looks like you just scraped the insulation; it doesn't look deep enough to be bare wire, or are my eyes deceiving me?

If so, I'd carefully tuck it back in and not worry. Your 1994 should have the plastic spacer ring instead of the earlier model metal ring, which was prone to chafing the wires and shorting them out.

:cool:

Richard