Front Right Intermittent Vibration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Over the last couple of days I've been having a very intermittent front right end light vibration. It seems to come and go and I can't make it happen at will.....yet. Now, I have not had a chance to take any wheels off to take a look since this just started occurring but when I do start investigating how can I tell if this is being cause by an aging axle, hub bearing,..... ????? I'm pretty sure it's not a tire balancing issue or any other issues with the tire otherwise I'd think it'd be happening all the time and not so intermittently.

Thanks in advance for the help!

90W7

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Jack that side up and grab the tire at 12 and 6 and see if there's any play or side to side play.

Also check if there is mud/ice on the inside of the wheel.

Sent from my throttle body injected galaxy note3

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just checked and no movement and no mud to throw the wheel off balance. I also gave a visual inspection to ball joints, tie rods, axles,....and it all looks to be in good shape. What should I check next?

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A vibration can be a bit!h to track down. Are you sure it is coming from front right?

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not 100%. I just know its from the front and feels like the right but definitely could be wrong. I checked both sides tonight when I checked. I don't think it's tire related but may try rotating my tires and see if that changes anything :think:

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welp, after a few days of recreating the issue it appears that it is the torque converter. The issue only happens when I'm on a slight grade and holding speed. If I let off the gas or accelerate the vibration goes away. It appears that I may be making a trip to the trans shop to get it fixed sometime in the near future.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Before you jump to TC try one more test. While it is vibrating hold gas pedal steady and hold the brakes just enough to make the torque converter unlock, and see if it goes away

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Before you jump to TC try one more test. While it is vibrating hold gas pedal steady and hold the brakes just enough to make the torque converter unlock, and see if it goes away

I will do that! :handshake: if it goes away then what does that lead to?