Front end setup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97K1500WT

Reaction score
Recently bought a ‘96 C1500 and I’ve been updating some cosmetic things.

I purchased a kit with all new headlights, turn signals and corners. One of the corners (clear) came broken so I didn’t install them.

I also installed a billet grill and a new bug deflector.

Figuring out now what I’m going to do with the bowtie and the corners. I think a black bowtie will look better than the gold to balance out the front (it’s a lot to chrome now with the billet grill). I’m also debating between clear corners, smoked, or amber. I don’t think I’ve seen any pics of clear headlights with smoked corners and want to know if anyone has that set up and what it would look like (it looks great in my head!) Any thoughts/input would be appreciated, thanks!

Before:
You must be registered for see images attach

After:
You must be registered for see images attach

97K1500WT

Reaction score

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks! That definitely just sold me! Do you know where to get the corners or what brand they are? I didn’t see any info in the post. I’ve looked on amazon but haven’t been able to find ones that are smoked with that amber undertone. Are they custom?

Those smoked amber '94+ Chevy corners in my pictures are not custom, but they are discontinued. No one is making anything besides stock replacement corners in amber at this point as far as I know. I have a couple extra sets of the euro smoked amber corners but I really don't want to get rid of them at the moment.

I mentioned this in that thread as well, but if you really want to replicate those I'd grab a set of the clear euro type and have them painted at a body shop. Here's a link to them.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/142806207621

97K1500WT

Reaction score
Those smoked amber '94+ Chevy corners in my pictures are not custom, but they are discontinued. No one is making anything besides stock replacement corners in amber at this point as far as I know. I have a couple extra sets of the euro smoked amber corners but I really don't want to get rid of them at the moment.

I mentioned this in that thread as well, but if you really want to replicate those I'd grab a set of the clear euro type and have them painted at a body shop. Here's a link to them.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/142806207621

Thanks for the info! I don’t know why they would discontinue them, it’s EXACTLY what I was looking for smh. If you change your mind please let me know, I’d be more than happy to PayPal you ASAP. I think I may try to clean up my stock corners and smoke them myself. I really want the smoked look the amber undertones.

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the info! I don’t know why they would discontinue them, it’s EXACTLY what I was looking for smh. If you change your mind please let me know, I’d be more than happy to PayPal you ASAP. I think I may try to clean up my stock corners and smoke them myself. I really want the smoked look the amber undertones.
I've seen the amber ones smoked before, but I haven't seen it done right. It always looks bad. If you're able to pull it off, please post, I may switch up my corners for the amber ones if I can smoke them.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk