Front diff problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tdean91491

Something about an OBS
Reaction score
Alright guy’s Ive been having a bad vibration once I hit a certain speed. I’ve tried everything and eliminated almost everything. Then I noticed something strange my passenger side tire wouldn’t free spin unless I used an excessive amount of force. The drive side spins with ease. So I’ve done some more investigating , I pulled the actuator out. I can free spin my driver side with ease. I can free spin the drive shaft with ease and the drive shaft doesn’t turn. When I go to turning the passenger side it’s got a lot of resistance and the drive shaft starts to turn. I can stick a screw driver in where the actuator goes and push the shift fork in and the driver side turns when I turn the drive shaft but the passenger side doesn’t.

Tdean91491

Something about an OBS
Reaction score
Update, found out it was the cv axle binding up not letting the passenger side spin easily. I took it out and temporarily put my “Incase of an emergency” spindle end of an old shaft inplace and put it back together. Still has the vibration though.

Tdean91491

Something about an OBS
Reaction score
Another question I have is can I remove the front differential and still drive teveryday? Yes I’ll be removing the the front drive shaft and I’ll also have old cv axle spindle ends to hold both hubs together.

96dually454

Reaction score
Front differential is used as a crossmember of sorts. It helps rigidity in the front frame area, I would not remove it. Remove the CV axles and front driveline, but not the diff.

Tdean91491

Something about an OBS
Reaction score
Front differential is used as a crossmember of sorts. It helps rigidity in the front frame area, I would not remove it. Remove the CV axles and front driveline, but not the diff.
That’s what I was wondering if it would affect that aspect of it. Appreciate that!