Friend replaced el60e transmission in 95 with 4WD and now won't go into 4WD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GPZZR

Reaction score
Something missing or forgotten when putting it back together? I have push button 4WD in my 98 so I can't help him much without being there. Thanks for any ideas. Kevin Sorry, meant 4l60e transmission.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Check the actuator on the axle pull it out and engage the 4x4 with the key on if it doesnt extend it needs to be replaced

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
No problem

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Don't replace the actuator right away! If it doesn't work check to see if it is getting power, if yes then replace, if not then problem is closer to the t case. Could be as simple as an unplugged switch on top of the tcase.

GPZZR

Reaction score
Looks like I'll have to go and help him out. Nobody around to see if its actuating or not and no meter or light to check voltage!! Thanks for your help.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Yah i checked mine should be getting around 11.5 volts

GPZZR

Reaction score
Gonna go down on Monday and take a look at it. He took it out of the axle and actuated it. Sent pics which looks like it moved. Thanks for your help. Hopefully it'll be something relatively simple. Its supposed to snow a bit and we're working outside.