Frank the Farm Truck 97 Sierra

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluedevil

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

I pulled the truck out to settle out the crank, and go for a quick spin. Front to back it sits perfectly level, so I may de-crank the front a smidge to tow. I decided to pull off the busted grill and ugly ass bumper to have a look at the headlights. Only the high beams were working...no running lights/ low beams. I chased some things around with the meter, and ended up finding the relay was nfg. That was easy. Double bonus, its got the 4 hi mod done... Saweet!

Last edited:

bluedevil

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A little bit has changed since the last post. I've been scavenging pick n pull a bunch, and scored some decent parts. So far I pickup up a good front bumper and lower spoiler, an early style Chevy grill that was in nice shape, euro tails, a good rear bumper, late style Chevy leather wrapped steering wheel, and a set of Denali buckets. I also couldn't stand the exhaust leak at the flange near the convertor's, so I pieced together 2.5 inch full true dual exhaust. I am surprised the rear 02 sensors are still happy since the cats are gone, meanwhile I also found the Mass Airflow Sensor was really dirty, so i gutted the screen off, and cleaned off the elements. Now it runs, and sounds 100% better. The mufflers are nothing fancy, just some cheap local parts store deals. Its way louder than I expected, but not crazy enough to be annoying on the highway. Also, I may have found a good drivers door, and tail gate in the right color locally, and will hopefully pick them up next week.

Im still picking away on my boys rod too. I was hoping to be done now since spring is here, but I just cant seem to stop picking on little details. Its going to get a steering column next, brakes, finish the mock flat head up, and tin the box down to the frame. The boy has picked like 500 different paint schemes out by now, I just need to get my butt in gear.

Last edited:

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
your boys rat rod is awesome that is some amazing work! love the use of the wheel barrel and radio flyer for the body

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
Rat rod kicks ***. Now my boy wants me to build one.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

bluedevil

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments fellas. I should do a build thread on that thing...its fun to look at. I'm not sure its appropriate for here or not though, maybe in other builds?

bluedevil

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I picked up a matching tail gate the other day, but the drivers door that was supposed to come with it was a no go. Finally the gold tail gate is history! Speaking of tail gating, I did the first bbq of the year, since we are having such kick ass weather. It only makes sense to a have a Chevy bbq, next to the Chevy poser on the driveway;)

Last edited:

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
I love those grilles!!! But my wife said no! My yard looks like a scrap yard now and there was no way she was going to let something that looks like a motor in the back patio area. LOL!