For the Corvette guys on GMT 400 dot com

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

subseawellhead

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone else with photos? I don't want to be the only one.
2 of my cars, I went for a ride in the B-24
You must be registered for see images attach

Moar......

Was deep under my '73 tonight on rear reassembly torqueing everything down

Moar, love the IRS

67HEAVEN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I haven't posted my own in a bit. This was shot in the awards line at Corvettes of Carlisle, talking to a co-owner of the event. Obviously, the photo has been massaged...

Scanned photo of me on the road course at Mosport Canada approaching the Start/Finish Line. Somewhere around 1978...

Last edited:

67HEAVEN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
One of the earliest photos of my car that I have been able to find, circa 1968. Paper photos and negatives had a way of vanishing in those days. Thank god for digital. Wrong centre caps, incorrect painted fender gills. Hey, I was young and restless...

Last edited:

67HEAVEN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, I was just about 21 years old when I bought mine. It's interesting to see how my tastes evolved from then to now. Silver Pearl (colour # 986) was all the rage in 1967, but soon everyone seemed to have a silver car. My first repaint, which came when I used the only fender flare style available back then, was when I chose Goodwood Green (also a 1967 colour #983 ). Then, 24 years ago when I had the funds and decided to build the car exactly as I think Chevrolet should have built it, I chose something close to Rally Red (also a 1967 colour #974).

Due to the straight body beltline around C2 Corvettes, getting much rubber under there meant cutting the wheel-wells, which destroyed that beltline (see middle photo below). The C2 (also known as midyear) needs that beltline to retain it's flowing appearance (see top photo below with stock wheel-wells).

Finally, around the time that I decided to take the car completely apart...and I do mean COMPLETELY...I found not just fender flares, but complete fenders that kept the body line. Instead of forcing the beltline up, they pushed it out. From the side, the beltline is intact, but the car ended up 6" wider (see bottom photo below).

Now, instead of 6" wide rubber, I'm running 11.75" of rubber without destroying the look of the beltline. Huge job, but worth it, I think.

Fender flares that broke the beltline...

Complete new fenders and quarter-panels that retain the beltline by pushing out, not up...

67HEAVEN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Ground coat...

67HEAVEN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

And from the side....perfect beltline with huge tires underneath.

67HEAVEN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Rear tires with correct 1967 Rally wheel centre caps (one year only). From 1968 and up, the rally caps were very different and stuck out much more.

Comparison of new tires with the width of the original tires represented by the wrench...

Rear Rally wheels are 10" wide. Fronts are 8".

There were a great many more changes, including an upgrade from a Muncie Close Ratio 4-speed, to a Richmond 5-speed. Talk about beefie...

drewcrew

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Rear tires with correct 1967 Rally wheel centre caps (one year only). From 1968 and up, the rally caps were very different and stuck out much more.

Comparison of new tires with the width of the original tires represented by the wrench...

Rear Rally wheels are 10" wide. Fronts are 8".

There were a great many more changes, including an upgrade from a Muncie Close Ratio 4-speed, to a Richmond 5-speed. Talk about beefie...

What size are the rear tires ? Thanks

67HEAVEN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What size are the rear tires ? Thanks
P295-50R15. Thanks for the question.

I didn't go to a larger diameter like 16", 17, or more because to my old eyes, a C2 looks odd with anything other than 15" diameter wheels. Others have their own preference. ;)

The overall aim was to dramatically improve performance...acceleration, stopping and handling...while retaining as much of the original look as possible. For example, the new 502 c.i. is dressed to look very much like a '67 427.

Also, even the aftermarket shifter, that works with the Richmond 5-speed, is identical to the look of the original shifter for the Muncie 4-speed.

Nothing in the interior was modified from the original appearance, except for the shift-pattern plate on the shifter console...from 4-speed to 5-speed. Even the radio looks original, but was sent out to have it upgraded to stereo with a hidden input for external devices.

Last edited: