For the Corvette guys on GMT 400 dot com

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

subseawellhead

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's replacing it?
Well, drove this home the same day the C6 left for Texas. Had been negotiating on this car for 3 months.
You must be registered for see images attach

2017 Grand Sport w/ 16K miles. This was in 2019. Sad thing is, i was so fixated on this car that when I got home, I realized for a little more money I could have had a Z06.

67HEAVEN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This car is the only 1967 Corvette to leave the factory with a front-to-back paint stripe, triple taillights (we used to call them the California option LOL), and non-factory wheels. It was a special-order (Factory Shop Order) built for the biggest selling Corvette dealer in America - http://67FSO.com/

Built in the most common colour for Corvettes in 1967...Goodwood Green.

Because it has air conditioning, we know it's not one of the big guns. This one is the RPO L68 427/400hp, also with 3x2bbl Holleys, similar to the L71 435hp.

Bob Wingate, the dealer, added paint to the front fender gills and his company's name on the doors.

REMINDER: No matter what you've seen, heard or read before, this is the ONLY C2 Corvette ever released from the factory with triple taillights and a full body stripe.

Last edited:

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Fact is, a C2 is far roomier inside than a C3. Before buying a C3, test fit a C2.

This Bostonian has owned this 1967 big-block coupe for many years, and still get's a thrill out of racing it. You go, Gramps!

There's a lot of engine under there.
A c2 is out of my price range, although they may be the best looking better, I just can't afford one. A c3, I can afford, no problem. I graduated in 78, so a c3 was the vette to have.

67HEAVEN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anyone want to hear the full story of the red 1967 L88 that sold for $3.5 Million (video is earlier in this thread)? There is more to know beyond what I'm posting here, and it's a wild story.

The yellow sticker on the passenger-side valve cover, facing the firewall, says it all.
By the way, those are indeed aluminum heads on that car. All L88 Corvettes got aluminum heads. So, why are they orange, you may well ask? Easy. Since they were a relatively new phenomenon, the Tonawanda, NY engine plant did what they always did with big block engines...they sprayed them Chevy orange. One thing was guaranteed though. Those heads will never rust. LOL

By the way, there are at least six clues, in the following photo that indicate that it's a real L88, and was NOT legal for road use in the USA or Canada.

Last edited:

67HEAVEN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A c2 is out of my price range, although they may be the best looking better, I just can't afford one. A c3, I can afford, no problem. I graduated in 78, so a c3 was the vette to have.

Okay, got'cha. Graduated in 1978? Hmmm. Perhaps one of these...

thegawd

I'm Done!
Reaction score
Man there are 15 of them on that car and then there are camaros after that!

My dad had on of those camaros. one of my earliest memories is hanging in the hood of that car, like I must have been 3. He had that car up u till 87 when he got in a terrible accident with it.

I distinctly remember getting my fingers caught in the hood of it one time when it was shut. ouch. the wounds were superficial and I got over it pretty quick.

I would love to get one of those!

Actually where I live there are lots of vehicles transported by rail but there are a lot less trains running than even 10 years ago. I think alot of them are dodge/jeep/chrysler coming from the plant in windsor.

I used to live near a rail and would race the train often. well not really race but you know I made 4, 30 min trips in my Burb everyday ten years ago while taking my wife to school and then racing home to meet the bus for the kids.

good times.

thanks for sharing all of this Corvette info, I love these cars.

Last edited: